Masonry competition “Another Block in a Row”
1. Promote engineering as a career.
2. Give students an opportunity to integrate academic knowledge with realistic and practical experiences. Thereby providing them with additional value to studies.
2. Time and place
1. April 20, 2017 from 12:00 midday to 3:15pm
2. Student House parking lot, Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate tee 5, Tallinn
1. Event organizer: Student Council of School of Engineering of Tallinn University of Technology
2. The chief judge of the competition day: Alo Oll
4.1. Another Block in a Row is a team competition. Team consists of two people.
4.2. Taking part in the competition is free of charge.
4.3. There is no age limit for participants.
4.4. Basic knowledge of masonry is recommended.
4.5. Everyone participates under their own responsibility. Organizer will not be held responsible for any accidents and their consequences.
5. Competition task and the essence of Competition
5.1. Competitors will be given a drawing of the block wall. They have to build a masonry that satisfies the requirements.
5.2. Teams have 120 minutes to finish their work.
5.3.1. Trowels, mixing bucket
5.3.3. Tape measure, rope, framing square
5.3.4. Electric mortar mixer
5.3.5. Gloves and coveralls
6.1. Masonry’s resemblance to the drawing (dimensions, squareness), workplace cleanliness, adherence to time.
7.1. Top three teams will be honored with prizes.
7.2. The ceremony will take place right after competition in the TTÜ assembly hall.
8.1. Registration for the competition will take place electronically via http://2018.buildit-tallinn.eu.
8.2. If there are any free spots left, it is possible to register to the competition before the event starts.
8.3. Any photograph, interview, and video taken on behalf of the organizers during the contest may be displayed on the contest website or in press releases related to this or upcoming competitions without compensation.
*The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program.