The precision sawing competition “Misery Whip”
1.1. Promote engineering as a career.
1.2. Give students an opportunity to integrate academic knowledge with realistic and practical experiences. Thereby providing them with additional value to studies.
2. Time and place
2.1. April 20, 2017 from 10:45am to 12:15 midday / from 1:30pm to 2:45pm
2.2. Assembly hall , Tallinn University of Technology, Ehitajate tee 5, Tallinn
3.1. Event organizer: Student Council of School of Engineering of Tallinn University of Technology
3.2. The chief judge of the competition day: Alo Oll
4.1. Misery Whip is a team competition. Team consists of two people.
4.2. Taking part in the competition is free of charge.
4.3. There is no age limit for participants.
4.4. Basic knowledge on sawing is recommended.
4.5. Everyone participates under their own responsibility. Organizer will not be held responsible for any accidents and their consequences.
5. Competition task and the essence of competition
5.1. Competitors have to saw a construction detail that satisfies the requirements.
5.2. Teams will be given a task and then they have maximum 12 minutes to saw.
5.3. Sawing order will be drawn. Two teams will be sawing at the same time.
5.4.1. Two-man saw
5.4.2. Saw horse
1. Similarity to given criteria and precision of the sawed detail will be assessed.
1. Top three teams will be honored with prizes.
2. The ceremony will take place right after competition in the TTÜ assembly hall.
1. Registration for the competition will take place electronically via http://2018.buildit-tallinn.eu.
2. If there are any free spots left, it is possible to register to the competition before the event starts.
3. Any photograph, interview, and video taken on behalf of the organizers during the contest may be displayed on the contest website or in press releases related to this or upcoming competitions without compensation.
*The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program.